Cheshire, CT 06410
1. Security and protection of your personal data when visiting our website
BlueCastle IT Solutions LLC (hereinafter referred to as “BlueCastle IT“ or “we") takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and exercises special care and uses the most modern security standards to ensure it.
We see it as our primary task to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal data and to protect it from unauthorized access.
In order to guarantee that the processing of personal data is explained to you in a transparent and understandable way, we would like to inform you about the various legal terms, which will also be used in this privacy declaration:
- Personal data
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter the "data subject"). A natural person is considered to be identifiable if the identity of the person can be determined, directly or indirectly, in particular by association with identifying information such as a name, ID number, location data, an online username, or one or more special characteristics that express the physical, physiological , genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person.
“Processing” means any process or series of operations related to personal data, such as collecting, gathering, organizing, sorting, storing, adapting or modifying, reading, querying, using, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or other form of provision, matching or linking, restriction, erasure or destruction, with or without the aid of automated procedures.
- Restriction of processing
“Restriction of processing” means the marking of stored personal data with the aim to limit their future processing.
"Profiling” means any kind of automated processing of personal data that consists in using that personal information to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular in order to analyze and predict aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or relocation of that natural person.
“Pseudonymisation” means the processing of personal data in such a way that personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without adding additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separate and subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data cannot be assigned to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Filing system
“Filing system” means any structured set of personal data which are accessible according to specific criteria, whether centralised, decentralised or dispersed on a functional or geographical basis.
“Controller“ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
“Processor“ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
“Recipient“ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
- Third party
“Third party“ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
“Consent“ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
3. Lawfulness of processing
The processing of personal data shall only be lawful if there is a legal basis for processing. According to article 6, section 1 a – f GDPR, a legal basis can be as follows:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
4. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
If using the website purely for information purposes, i.e. if you have not registered with us, do not order anything or are not forwarding information to us by another means, we shall only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is art. 6, section 1, clause 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred in each instance
- Website from which the request originates (browser type)
- User’s operating system and user interface
- Browser software language and version.
5. Information on the collection of personal data – (e-mail, contact form, customer account and online shop)
- In the following section, we would like to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website (contact form, customer account and online shop)
- If you contact us by email or using our contact form, we will store the information you provide us with (your name and email address or telephone number) to respond to your query. We will erase the data we collected on this basis when it is no longer required or we will restrict the processing where we have to comply with statutory retention requirements.
6. Use of external tools on our website
We have integrated various tools from different companies into our website, which allow us to evaluate user behavior or to establish links with other websites.
- Google Analytics
The controller has integrated the component Google Analytics (with anonymisation function) on this website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analysis is the gathering, collection and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis service collects data on which website a data subject has come to a website from (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for which period of time a subpage was viewed. A web analysis is mainly used to optimize a website and for the cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
As IP anonymization is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states in agreement with the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and to provide further services related to website and internet use to us. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
In addition, this website uses the Analytics feature UserID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymized and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
In addition, a cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
Further information and Google‘s applicable privacy regulations can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ The following link provides a further explanation of Google Analytics https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/.
Our website also uses Google Analytics performance reports relating to demographics and interests and reports on Google Display Network impressions. You can disable Google Analytics for display advertising and customize the ads on the Google Display Network by visiting the ad settings at this link: https://adssettings.google.com.